'DECisions' - the Diagnostics board game
The 'DECisions' board game was designed to help illustrate the evidence gathering and regulatory pathway that a new diagnostic test would have to follow in order for the device to be implemented in clinical practice.
DECsions is a game which takes players through the process that diagnostic manufacturers need to go through to get a diagnostic testing device from initial idea to having doctors using the device to diagnose patients.
You will need:
4 different coloured playing pieces, one for each player. Each counter represents a different diagnostic device:
- Blue: Pregnancy test
- Red: Blood glucose monitor (diabetes)
- Green: Blood pressure monitor
- Yellow: Infra-red thermometer
1 x dice
- This is a game for up to 4 players.
- Choose your counter and place it on the first hexagon then take turns to throw the dice. Use alphabetical order of first names to decide who throws first!
- The aim of the game is to be the first person to get your diagnostic test used by GPs.
- Make sure you read all the hexagons with a red outline as these are all the different stages you have to go through to reach your goal.
- Players may land on the same hexagon.
- If you land on a hexagon with a red exclamation mark, make sure you follow the instructions!
- To land on the middle hexagon you must throw the exact number that you need. If you roll a higher number than there are hexagons, you will have to go backwards, then roll again when it’s your turn.
Download the DECisions board game.